Monday, October 29, 2012

In Halloween spirit..




















I dove into this project without a plan of action beforehand, and i'm very satisfied with how it turned out. I began this project by tracing Jack Skellington and then cutting him out with a Xacto knife. From there, I spray painted him over a background. I used purple and white to complete my stencil. I beleive I added the correct amount of depth to this project.
I used newspapers and pages from art history textbooks to create my stencil. I chose the pictures in the book that relatived to the topic of halloween, which was hard to pull off. I made a collage of the pictures that I worked hard to find.
I changed the threshold by adding different colors into my stencil, otherwise the proportions would be off. I think this stencil has a beautiful and well-balanced contrast. I beleive that I This stencil is creative and puts you in the mood for the holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment